Cillian Murphy is an Irish actor who has been quite famous and has got various awards for his praiseworthy work like Golden Globe Award, Irish Film and Television Award for best actor.
He started his career by performing as a leading singer, guitarist and songwriter for the rock band The Sons of Mr Green Genes.
He became popular for starring in the film 28 Days Later in the year 2003 and the film Red Eye in the year 2005. He gained extra fame for his roles in Inception, Transcendence, and Breakfast on Pluto. He is also seen starring in Peaky Blinders since the year 2013.
Also See: Alvaro Morte Net Worth, Age, Biography, Height, Wife, Net Worth, Career & more
|Real Name||Cillian Murphy|
|Cillian Murphy Net Worth||$20 million|
|Birthday||May 25, 1976|
Early life and Family
He was born in Cork, Ireland on May 25, 1976. There has been not much information about his parents. The data that can be scanned related to his parents tells that his mother taught French and his father worked in the Department of education and skills. His siblings are as younger brother Páidi and two younger sisters Sile and Orla.
Age, Height, Weight & More
The handsome actor is 45 years old and is good tall. Cillian Murphy height of approx 5’ feet and 10 inches with a weight of 78 kg or 171 lbs. His eye colour is blue and his hair is blonde.
|Height||In Feet Inches-5’10”|
In centimeters- 180 cm
In meters- 1.80 m
|Weight||In Kilograms- 78 kg|
In Pounds- 171 lbs
|Body Measurements||approx. 40-32-35 inches|
|Biceps Size||16 inches|
|Shoe Size||17.5 (US)|
He was raised as Catholic and went to the Catholic secondary school Presentation Brothers College. Later he started studying law at University College Cork (UCC) in 1996, but he couldn’t clear his first-year exams as he “had no ambitions to do it”. So he focused on acting and music after failing his exams.
Cillian Murphy worth is estimated to be around $20 million.
Murphy is married to Yvonne McGuinness an Irish visual artist his long time girlfriend in the year 2004. They have two sons named Malachy born in December 2005 and Aran born in July 2007.
Also See: Travis Fimmel Net Worth 2022: Age, Height, Weight, Career, Bio-Wiki
After seeing Corcadorca’s stage production of A Clockwork Orange, by Kiernan, acting began to garner his interest and he felt this is what he wants to do. His first important role was in the UCC Drama Society’s amateur production, Observe the Sons of Ulster Marching Towards the Somme, which starred Des Bishop an Irish-American comedian.
He participated in the year 2007 Rock the Vote Ireland campaign which targeted young voters for the general election. In the year 2017, he played the role of a shell-shocked army officer who recovered from a wrecked ship in a war based film Dunkirk by Christopher Nolan. In the year 2005, Murphy played Dr. Jonathan Crane in Christopher Nolan’s Batman Begins.
Murphy starred in Red Lights in the year 2012 as Tom Buckley with Robert De Niro and Sigourney Weaver. He also starred in the science fiction film Sunshine in the year 2007 as a physicist-astronaut charged with re-igniting the sun, directed by Danny Boyle.
Since 2013, Murphy has starred as Thomas Shelby in the BBC television series Peaky Blinders and gaining a lot of appreciation for the same.
- For movie “Disco Pigs”, he won the Ourense Independent Film Festival Award.
- The GQ UK Award in 2006 for his performance in “The Wind That Shakes the Barley”.
- The Irish Film & Television Award in 2007 for his performance in “Breakfast on Pluto”.
- He also won two awards, the Irish Film & Television Award and National Television Award, for Peaky Blinders.
- The Irish Times Theatre Award and Drama Desk Award in 2012.
Also See: Casey Affleck Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Career, Net Worth & more
Some Interesting Facts About Cillian Murphy
- Murphy pressured Pat Kiernan until he got an audition at Corcadorca Theatre Company.
- He had an urge for acting after looking at the stage production of A Clockwork Orange.
- In the year 2005, Murphy played as Dr. Jonathan Crane in Christopher Nolan’s Batman Begins.
- Murphy came back to the stage starring opposite Neve Campbell at the New Ambassadors Theatre.
- He participated in the year 2007 Rock the Vote Ireland campaign which targeted young voters for the general election.
Discussion about this post